Custom Background

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Tied By Fear: Chapter 10

Dakota laid in her bed, two months later, studying the ceiling.  She hadn’t really made much interaction with people since she had come home, not even her best friend, Lydia Noel.  She had just thought over and over again of the others, and what they had been through together.  But she couldnt wait for her visitors this afternoon, she had been so extactic she could talk nonstop.  She went through the memories of when she had woken up again after finding out about Sarahs death.
  The doctors had let her go to Jordans room, and talk to her.  They had stayed quiet for awhile, but then Jordan had started sobbing out of the blue, and apologizing.  “I am so sorry, Dakota.  I, and the others, were so rude to you.  We practically shunned you because you stood up for the right thing.  I’m sorry, we just didn’t want anything to happen to us, and we wanted to get back to our families.  I’m sorry, I should have trusted God more, like you were.”
  Dakota had smiled, and told her she forgave her, and they went on chatting for awhile of different things.  Until Dakota asked, “Do you know about Sarah?”
  A shadow had fallen over Jordans face, “Yes, I know.”
  Dakota stared at her, “I wish she had excepted Christ before she died.”
  Jordans face had brightened up then, “She did.”
  She studied Jordans smiling face, “She did?”
  “Yes, so did Samuel.”
  Dakota had stared at the floor for a moment, “I wish I could have helped tell them.  But I’ve never really been good at that stuff.”
  “I’m sure you would have been great.”
  They had discussed other things after that, and after her visit with Jordan she had been taken back to her hospital room.  The next day she had been released, along with Ian and Brooke.  The police had interviewed them, immediately after.  The questions were answered easily by them, and at the end, Brooke had asked, “Did you find them?”
  The policeman nodded, and Brooke continued with her question, “Who are they?”
  He looked up at her from his notepad and said, “Brookelynn Mills, you are girl with too many questions and a boldness to you.  You need to watch yourself before you get hurt.”
  Brooke had looked astonished, and was about to say something but held her tongue.  “And to answer your question, The girl is, Jill Tanner.  There was her brother, Maddox Tanner, and their accomplice, Joseph King.  Otherwise known as Joseph Snake.”
  After that he had left, leaving the opportunity for Brooke to ask anymore questions.  A doorbell rung downstairs, that stirred her from her thoughts.  She smiled, and jumped out of her bed.  She ran down the stairs, the thunderous way she use to do.  “I’ll get it, mom!”
  She threw open the door, and stood in the faces of Jordan, Brooke, Ian, and Samuel.  She smiled at them, and they returned the smile, warmly.  “Come in, you guys.”  
  She greeted them inside, and led them to the living room.  After everyone was situated, she began to speak, “Welcome to our new bible study.  I’m going to begin with a favorite verse of mine, Psalm twenty-three four, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear not evil, for thou art with me; for you are close beside me.  Your rod and staff protect and comfort me.”   
__________________
I hope you enjoyed this story. I definitely enjoyed writing it, thank you for your opinions. Jesus loves you!!  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment