Custom Background

Monday, December 8, 2014

Harry Potter

I (Emma) started showing an interest in reading Harry Potter in the middle if the summer, and over the course of a couple months I have read some and watched some of the movies.  So now I'm giving a review.  There are seven books in the series of Harry Potter (Sorcerer's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire, Order of Phoenix, Half-Blood Prince, and Deathly Hallows), I only got to read the entire first three books before I decided I shouldn't be reading them.
   I started reading the fourth book, but then stopped because there was to many bad words.  So I skipped to the ending, and started the fifth book.  But by the time I got to chapter 5 I had read 3 bad words, and wanted to stop.  So I stopped reading the series.  In all that I read from the five books there were 13 bad words.  There wasn't really anything else that was questionable in the books, but in the fourth book there was some romance apparently.  I didn't read it, but I saw it in the movie.  It was some ball and this guy named Viktor, asked Hermione to go with him.  And she said yes, but apparently there were some complications with Ron, but I don't know what they were because I didn't exactly understand it.
   My full reviews on the first five books are here, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's StoneHarry Potter and the Chamber of SecretsHarry Potter and the Prisoner of AzkabanHarry Potter and the Goblet of FireHarry Potter and the Order of Phoenix.
   I have watched the first four movies, but then I stopped, because my Dad said if I wanted to continue watching them, I'd have to do a LOT of math.  But here is what I can review:
The first movie (BTW, it's been awhile since I watched this movie, so sorry if I skip something), is Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.  It was great, and was appropriate.  If your kids have nightmares easily though, they shouldn't watch this.  It's not really "scary," it just has some really creepy things toward the end.  The second movie (BTW, it's been awhile since I watched this movie, so sorry if I skip something), is Harry Potter and the Chambers of Secrets.  This one is really bloody, and kind of like a haunted mystery movie a little.  Again, if your kid has nightmares easily, they shouldn't watch this.
The third movie (BTW, the CD I watched this on was scratched, so it automatically skipped a part, sorry if I miss anything), is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.  This one was really good, but if you don't like werewolves... don't watch it.  (Spoiler!)  Professor Lupin is a werewolf in the movie, and in the last bit he turns into a werewolf.  (Spoiler over!)  If you have nightmares easily, you should be careful about the movie.
The fourth movie is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.  This one is pretty good, there was some romance stuff, and a ball.  Harry Potter asks a girl to the ball, but she says no.  There were some complications with Ron and Hermione.  But I think thats it.  Well I guess if you don't want to be seeing a REALLY pale creepy bald guy, don't watch this.

For more "professional" Christian reviews on the movies and books, look at these.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone- Movie ReviewBook Review
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets- Movie ReviewBook Review
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban- Movie ReviewBook Review
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire- Movie ReviewBook Review
Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix- Movie ReviewBook Review
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince- Movie ReviewBook Review
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- Movie Review 1Movie Review 2Book Review

No comments:

Post a Comment