Custom Background

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankfulness

Happy Thanksgiving!!!  Whenever you think about thanksgiving you may think of turkey, the pilgrims, or to be thankful to God.  Turkey and food is yummy (trust me, its hard for me to remember that Thanksgiving is about being thankful, not the food), but its about being thankful to God for what he's given us.  Now I've asked myself this question so many times, 'if we celebrate Thanksgiving because the pilgrims were thankful to the Indians for helping them survive the winter, than why is it about being thankful to God?'
One, we should be thankful to God any day, in fact I'd say its harder to remember to be thankful to God on Thanksgiving.
Two, the pilgrims were thankful to God, people just don't highlight that part of the story, but they were also thankful to the Indians for helping them.
Three, I think God put the Indians (or native Americans) in America so that we could celebrate Thanksgiving, and remember him in the future.  I think he wanted, and had already planned for thanksgiving to come from the beginning of time.
Four, Thanksgiving shows us how much we have and how much others don't, you should help those people.  God blessed you with things, so thank him for it.
Happy thanksgiving!!!!

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, which also ye are called in one body, and be ye thankful.
Colossians 3:15

And when ye will offer a sacrifice of Thanksgiving unto the LORD, offer it at your own will.
Leviticus 22:29

Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name.
2 Samuel 22:50

Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon His name, make known His deeds among the people.
2 Chronicles 16:8


No comments:

Post a Comment